Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Genius 4 Episode 10 Review

Standard

Woah. And then there were 3. Next week will be the semi finals already!!!


This episode, they played a new game with Mini Games and Hold'em Poker.
Edit: Sorry for the delay! Here's my review! :D

All Players had to bring in a guest of their choice to play together. I thought that it was rather interesting to see Hyunmin bring in a past guest brought by Kyungran; I thought that he would have people of his own capabilities from perhaps the KAIST the Genius, but I guess it could be that they hit off well enough to play together. Furthermore, they did really well! Okay, his guest not so much in the minigames as compared to some of the rest of the players, but overall they were a pretty good team! I would like to point out that it is rather interesting to see how in different seasons they could have different games that would benefit bringing in a certain type of guests. This time round it was more on the IQ side, which definitely made Kyunghoon’s guest do very well in the minigames. (23 and doing his PHD, wow) Back to the players, OMG Dongmin was so good at the sticks challenge, he is really a hidden gem in the IQ arena, not only is he sociable, but also good at this kind of visual games. :D I will say I wouldn’t mind him winning this time round anymore, after all he has proven himself way more than he did last season too! :)

However, overall this main match felt a little underwhelming. Not too much was going on and the minigames got rather boring after like 2 rounds haha. Also, just like Seed Poker, winning just 1 round got you quite a significant number of garnets, and it’s tough to change up the game more easily. It was wonderful though, to see Hyunmin convince others to go his way, he is definitely stepping up his game too, very deserving win for him this time round. Too bad, all went the wrong way for Jinho with his bolder moves.

Moving on to the Deathmatch, ”Practice Bug” Kyunghoon is totally killing it. I am almost certain he could beat someone else in the last deathmatch, 12 Janggi if needed to too. He was so good in so many of those deathmatches, and I guess practice does make perfect. How he knew that by giving up his low cards when the card holders showed a low number card on top was beneficial to him was daebak (fantastic) too. Too bad, Jinho fell short, but YES they played such a great game.

I felt so sad that Jinho felt quite a lot of pressure to perform and give us Genius moments this season. He never did perform that well despite knowing the games pretty well and deep. Quite a pity... Ah, I still love Jinho though, for all that he has contributed in the Variety/Reality TV game shows in Korea. <3 #IconOfTheGenius

Also FYI, I saw spoilers on twitter before I watched )::: It totally killed the mood for me to root for Jinho to win, because I knew that most likely he was going to be eliminated. Haiz. (note to self: I need to stay clear of Facebook/Twitter from Saturday night till I finish watching the episode.)

Next Episode, we have guests again! Woah. I can't help but feel like Dongmin is going to get an upper hand with his social skills. However, finally there is a more calculative game which definitely will be more for Kyunghoon and Hyunmin. (hahaha the joke about Dongmin's calculation in chain auction last season...) I am picturing a tough fight, we shall see, I'm looking forward to it! XD

Thanks for all your comments in the last episode's review! :D 
For now, you can tweet me @raycherr or comment below. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm back! Been waiting for your review!!

    But OMGGGGGGGGGGG

    I don't know if you've watched the episode already or not so I shall wait for your review first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okie I updated the post! :D

      Yep, actually I watched the episode already before you commented haha but I didn't have time to work out the review. Thanks so much for not letting me get any spoilers too just in case. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh man you saw spoilers D: I'm sorry that had to happen!

      Anyways I had sort of resigned to fate while watching the death match. Probably easier for me to accept reality T-T It would have been amazing if Jinho somehow managed to win the death match especially since he's the elimination candidate. I do wonder why he chose Kyunghoon though. I would have chosen Dongmin, since I see that Kyunghoon is good at death matches. I mean, Dongmin is good as well, but sigh. My mind's all fuzzy haha. But like what you said, the death match was a good one. I thought Jinho had a chance since he reversed the position at some point during the death match. I think Kyunghoon's method of passing the lower numbered cards to Jinho was by someone else in a previous season, just like how Dongmin's method in solving the Gyul-Hap! was by someone else (Jinho I think?). Maybe Jinho should have foreseen that happening. But Kyunghoon is really a death match master haha.

      Sorry I'm rambling too much about the death match because my Jinho~~~ T-T For the main match, I'm really amazed at Dongmin because, wow. I think I'm rooting for him now. Really a genius. Kyunghoon's a genius too but I'm just biased against him woops. As for Jinho, he shouldn't have revealed his plan with his partner (can't remember his name!) in front of other players. I think that brought his downfall.

      I wanna see Dongmin and Kyunghoon in the finals, with Dongmin winning.

      Anyways, netizens' comments about Jinho are so favourable! And his ending speech though T-T

      I think my comment sounds all over the place because I forgot what I really wanted to post oops. Onwards to semi-finals! I see a tough fight too!

      Have a great week ahead~

      Delete
    3. I know right, I also somewhat wished Jinho won at times, especially when he reversed the situation a little... I think Dongmin is a scarier opponent though haha, like he is good at everything, plus everyone knows that since last season, so perhaps it made a deeper impression to Jinho that it would be easier to take on Kyunghoon? >< It's such a pity how he excels in poker games, and then to fall in both deathmatches(also in S2) revolving around poker to be eliminated.
      Oh yes, I kind of recall someone else doing that in the poker games previously but I can't really remember, pardon me. ><

      Haha no worries about rambling, I also do that a lot when I am too lazy to plan out my post. (oops ><)
      Oh it would be super cool to see Kyunghoon vs Dongmin, but then I'd say don't count Hyunmin out yet! Hopefully Hyunmin will show us more stuff this next episode. (crosses fingers* for something like what Jinho did in 5-5) However I can't help but feel like the edit for Hyunmin isn't that great all season, so the odds are lower than for the other two.

      Awww Jinho will always be one of our faves! <3
      Have a great week too!~

      Delete
  2. Lol i love Jinho but he is not the one who came up with that Gyul Hap technique Dongmin used, that's all Dongmin himself as he said in the broadcast, as you can see in that episode Jinho was saying he is lucky he didn't go to the death match with Dongmin that day, tbh not only him but Junseok, Hyunmin and Kyunghoon all seemed clueless about what Dongmin was doing, they all agreed that whichever one of them faced Dongmin that day would have been slayed, the sad part is Kyungran thought Dongmin calling Gyul was all luck, and then Dongmin explained his strategy which just made me feel embarrassed for her, if i really think about it i don't blame her for thinking like that, i was also thinking Dongmin was bluffing until he revealed his strategy and i pissed my pants, not only did he find out all the haps in those 10 or 20 seconds spurt but he figured out which turn to loose in order for Gyul to fall to him, that was just legit scary in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you are right! Jinho isn't that great at gyul hap too haha ><
      Ahhh I had an impression that Kyungran thought that it was luck at first only, but I'm sure she knew that Dongmin is a master of Gyul Hap by the end of her losing streak... >< Tbh I didn't think that Dongmin's strategy was that shocking, but his execution of it was beyond amazing, he was so quick! I suppose it was also because Kyungran didn't had that much drive to be there and didn't practice it like Dongmin did, which showed in her lackluster performance against Dongmin in the deathmatch... :/

      Delete