Friday, August 7, 2015

The Genius 4 Episode 6 Review

Standard

Ahh this time I am posting late, my apologies. 

Garnet Thief... This episode had one of the more complicated game and game plays to digest, or is it just me? ><
I felt that the editing was also a little lacking this time round but perhaps it is just that there was so much going on, and was hard to fit into the time-slot?? >< 

So let's start with the editing. It mainly centered around Kyunghoon and Jungmoon this time round in terms of shocking reveals during the main match. Jungmoon got the short end of the stick and was, I think, portrayed under a less desirable and respectable light than Kyunghoon... Their games had much parallels with the spy/betrayal and secret codes, interactions with Dongmin and Hyunmin. Jungmoon's edit was somewhat like the edit of how Hyunmin fell in episode 4. Similar, yet lacking. :/ It was really such a pity when her secret signs were misread, and she was just thrown aside. Of course, both of them were sneaky to go off against their own foursome haha. Seems like the "dream team" Dongmin + Hyunmin + Kyungran + Jinho are looking really tight and strong. Kyunghoon is really good at recognising the situation now and he made sure he was the only spy over on the other side. Plus, they managed to end the game in a 5 way tie to win?!? Totally beyond expectations to have a nice ending for this alliance. Back to Kyunghoon, what's up with his suddenly upgraded game play? Haha I love it, but he was so crazy previously, this didn't seem possible anytime soon. The edit for him was really good this episode too, wow. I'm starting to think he faked it all along to build up a "dumber" character so that it will be to his advantage in games like this... 
Also, I was really quite surprised Junseok wasn't one of the players to do something shady in the Mainmatch. I am guessing that he doesn't like to be part of the "dream team" and is okay with working with less popular players/underdogs? 

Moving on to the Deathmatch, Junseok was picked as the elimination candidate. Urgh his bold and direct game play is creating much troubles for him as he becomes the easy target. I declared that my winner's pick is Junseok previously, and I still think so but how he is picking on players like Kyungran is just unnecessary in my opinion. I wonder why he is doing that... Haha. Then he picked Yeonseung as his opponent. Why not Jungmoon? 
So, they played Monorail! Argh when is Quattro going to come out? ): Hahaha it seems like it is never going to get picked even though I keep wishing for it to happen.
I am totally loving the English phrases used between Junseok and Kyunghoon. Leave it! Doesn't matter! Awww so swag hahaha they should totally just form an alliance till the end and use English to strategise since they both studied in the US. Okay sorry that's never going to happen, just a fantasy of an English viewer... haha. 
So monorail was a much shorter game than I expected that ended in 1 move... I was like no no no Yeonseung don't say it can't be completed! But it happened. ): Props to Kyunghoon for the idea too. This season Yeonseung really proved to be a smart and worthy player with his highlight in episode 4 where he outwitted the rest with Junseok by earning the most from selling fishes. I thought that he would go far... Oh man I am so emotionally attached to all the players, it's ridiculous haha. 

So next week looks exciting! >< Jinho and Kyungran finally steps up in the main match!?! I really hope so. The poker game just makes me miss Youhyun... #Stillnotoverhisdefeatinpoker 

And that's all for this review this time round, feel free to tweet me @raycherr or comment below! :) No worries, as long as it's related to The Genius, I don't delete them.
If you feel like reliving this season, you can browse through the previous posts here.

4 comments:

  1. Hello I'm back after a long time haha.

    Sigh, this episode and the last one made me sad because the players facing off with each other in the death matches are sort of friends/allies (Kyungran and Yoohyun/Junseok and Yeonseung). Just made me feel a little empty inside haha. Plus at the start of this episode I thought of seeing Junseok and/or Yeonseung in the finals/as winners but sigh. Deep sigh.

    I suddenly see Kyunghoon in a slightly different light. Gosh, this guy is willing to go all the way to avenge Sangmin haha. I agree with what you said about him.

    I can't wait to see the next episode! I find it a little weird and disconcerting that in the preview, Dongmin said that Jinho and Kyungran had forgotten what he had done for them in the previous episodes (I think). As in like, like what Jinho said, Dongmin seems to want to make himself feel like he can/should do everything on his own. He didn't discuss with his supposed teammates whenever he makes a deal with someone from the other alliance. Eh, I don't know. I do want to see Jinho and Kyungran stand on their own, either individually or together.

    About Jungmoon... I just want to see her get eliminated soon. Woops.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :) Welcome back!

      Ohyes I just realised that... ); sighs too.
      Hahaha I can't figure Kyunghoon out, he is like 2 different players in the first few episodes and now... upgraded version of a joker haha. I am really impressed that his image is finally turning around. :)
      Me too, can't wait! The dream team alliance is falling apart???!!! I guess it's about time for jinho and kyungran to step out of Dongmin's game too.
      I wished she'd play without relying on others so much, I do think Jungmoon is capable of so much more... ):

      Have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. Hello! :D

    This is my first time commenting here but I've already been following your blog for awhile. The reason why I never commented before is because I don't have much to say compared to the other commentators who write paragraphs about the Genius here haha. ^^" Sorry for my lack of input! I love the Genius to death though and I just wanted to say I love reading your reviews! It's always fun to read what other people think about the Genius every episode, there's not enough blogs who write about the Genius or other Korean reality shows so I'm very glad you're one of them. :] It's saddening for me when my friends don't love the Genius as much as I do, there really needs to be more interesting shows like this in my opinion. OTL

    Maybe because I'm biased but my top winner picks have always been Jinho, Dongmin, and Hyunmin. Dongmin amazes me every time but lately I feel like Hyunmin and Jinho aren't shining much this season so I hope they will shine more in the next coming episodes. Junseok is surprisingly a very good dark horse, I look forward to see if he can go far and work well with the so called dream team next episode haha. Kyunghoon was initially providing entertainment in the beginning, but now I'm starting to see him in a whole new light after all these episodes too. I gotta say I'm starting to like him more and more every episode lol. XD

    Keep up the reviews! I hope you continue to share them till the end. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mirimo27! :D Thanks so much for commenting!

      Aww thanks so much for reading too. ^^ I feel you, I'm almost always trying to get others to like/watch the Genius. I also agree there needs to be more high quality reality tv game shows like the genius too!

      Waaa haha they are really popz players that fans support, they deserve it too though I agree Dongmin has been overshadowing his alliance members. I think for the next episode the "dream team" will come apart, and hopefully Jinho/Kyungran will shine! :) Same for Kyunghoon! XD

      Nice commentary too. :) Cheers!

      Delete