Sunday, October 16, 2016

On the way to the airport - Episode 5 and 6 Review

Standard
안녕하세요~

This intense show. I will start off by saying I really liked the scene in episode 5 where Hye Won exclaimed her situation. So much new information was provided, yet so much mystery still surrounded her. I am just as eager as Min Seok and Doh Woo to figure the whole thing out. Who is lying??? Who is Annie's real dad and "who is Hye Won"(Episode 6 title)?

That being said, the whole show is filled with so much awkwardness hahaha, not a bad thing but yes exactly what Hyo Eun said at the dining table described this show perfectly. (';
The two protagonists' relationship paints having an "affair" in a romantic light, which contributes much to the "awkward" feels, but maybe that's just me and my conservative view points haha. ><
Overall, the story line is still a very interesting one and I am for sure hooked. After all, it is always good to challenge different view points, but at the same time I am just thinking the guilt levels are at a all time high while watching the show and "Sang Yoon, why are you so charming in this drama??!!" hahaha. 

Next, another scene that I must mention is the one where the grandma was interacting with Annie. Notice the colours? Annie was in colour but the others were all monochromatic... I didn't even notice this difference up till the close up when Ms Go(grandma) was shaking Annie's hand. 


Usually, colour symbolises life. In this case, I was thinking it could mean that Ms Go felt that Annie was still alive in her heart. (Plus she mentions later that she remembers Annie wearing something colourful.) That she herself was living but actually felt less alive than her vision of Annie. In a way, living but not really living. So much brilliant foreshadowing was done as Ms Go passed away later... ):

To me, there's two main flows going on at the same time. Soo Ah and Doh Woo's relationship and Hye Won's secrets. They could have been two different movies/dramas but they are appearing together... However, I kind of like the different dynamics from the different plots intertwining. Hope this drama will keep up the great work! :)

Back next week with a new review~~ 
Find me on twitter @raycherr 

0 comments:

Post a Comment