Sunday, October 9, 2016

On the way to the Airport - Episode 3 and 4 Review

Standard
So much confusion! There's still so much mystery as we go into ep 3/4. Is this a reflection of how we don't know much about each other as we make friends in our adult lives...? Sigh.

I think that Soo Ah's quote sums things up really well. "Things are complicated." 

First, we find out that Doh Woo is not Annie's actual father. Which makes it even weirder how he is so caring and "perfect" towards Annie and in life in general. Increasingly greater contrast is shown between him and his wife, Hye Won as well. Apparently, she had Annie when she was 20 and believes that she's not a good mum. Basically, she appears to be guilt driven and not easily understood by others. So psychotic! I am almost scared to find out more...

Then Hye Won says something along the lines of "her biological mother" which got me real confused. Who is "her" referring to? I am assuming it's her own mother and not Ms Go, whom I assume is Doh Woo's mum. Let me know in the comments below if you know! >< :)

Also, a flashback to the last phone call between Hye Won and Annie. Woah, I didn't catch them too well in the first two episodes. "Tell the truth", "no one will blame you"... I am still not figuring the situation out too well. >< I guess the only way would be for me to continue watching. :/

Side tracking for some off beat scenes... >< The scene in which Doh Woo and Soo Ah meets each other on the stairs(screenshot above) was so dramatic. Maybe I wasn't in the mood enough, but it was a little laughable to me. I'm apologise... 
However, the first person view in episode 4 when Soo Ah scanned Doh Woo's work room was pretty interesting. This one I quite like, as it fitted well in the story, trying to put us into Soo Ah's position to experience her emotions. 
Following, the helicam scenes through the windows were absolutely beautifully done. Ahhh just love it when technology brings about such great cinematography.

However, while they placed us in Soo Ah's view, we saw, as viewers, how we actually knew things that she didn't. For example, I didn't catch that she actually didn't know that she rubbed shoulders with Annie until now. >< But this realisation also made for a emotional poke from the show. Plus, that one flashback was brilliant and powerful. I had chills watching it again, scanning from the air stewards to the accident through the mirror.

Last stray thought, I can't really feel much love between the two couples, especially between gentleman of sydney and iron lady. ;) Not too sure, but I still feel weird seeing Shin Sung Rok playing such a "cool" character. The most personality I felt from him was when he played soccer with his daughter LOL.

And that's all for this week! Really enjoying the show thus far. New review next week~~
Click here for ep 1,2 review and here to find me on Twitter! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment